Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Personal Metaphor


I chose to say “like a candle, I am burning out,” because that is the way I feel. With my senior year coming to an end I am overwhelmed with different things that I have to get done. I tried to capture the feeling of hopelessness and gloom in my photo. The lighting is dark and has yellowness to it that you often see in sad movies or pictures. Through the lighting and the photo I was able to capture what I was going for.
I think that, overall, the composition of the photo works together to make my photo and metaphor come alive. I placed the words on the left of the photo in order to balance out the lightness of the right side of the photo. I think that the focal area of the photo is strong as well because there is no empty space. Every part of the photo serves some purpose. I think my image feels unified as well; the colors and composition go along with the lettering.
I think that I did the composition very well because everything feels balanced and flows. It was very difficult for me to find where to place the words but in the end I think I found the perfect space. I could have definitely made the melting wax on my arm look more realistic. At a quick glance the wax looks real but if you look closely it looks fake. I think I would change how much time I spent on the melting wax and I would have spent more time on it.

2 comments:

daveisha said...

i like this picture because his arm actually looks like a candle and melting wax.i also like how his hand looks like its holding the flame

JJazmyne said...

David i loved the way u said what u wanted the say with out saying it. i like how you melting like a candle